Two nutty friends from Aachen, Germany, and their killer ride on a mission from God: To master the Plymouth-Banjul Challenge 2007. Read about their impossible mission here ...

 
Made in Aachen
 

Monday, January 22, 2007

Back Home - Results of the Auctions

After three weeks of excitement and adventure Mario and I are back on German soil, trying to review past events. It was a great tour, I learned a lot about this unfamiliar continent and it´s people. I am sure that this won´t be the last time I will travel Africa. Thanks to Julian Nowill and the Plymouth-Banjul Challenge, I think they did an excellent job.

The blazing veedub was auctioned off for a respectable GMD 25,000.00 or 700 Euro, a good price considering that I accidentally broke the rear window of the car the last day we were in Banjul. I tried to put the jerry cans inside the trunk, and inadvertently closed the trunk lid with a bit too much determination. I still feel really bad for hurting my baby like that :-(

All in all the Plymouth-Banjul challenge 2007 raised GMD 6,069,600 or 164,000 Euros for charities, which sounds like a good number to me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, what a blast! You look like a riot, buddy!

Now I've got to figure out a way to get a really old car in Europe to participate and donate at the end. Hmmm.. Sucks living in the states.

January 22, 2007 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger Andre said...

Marc, you're a true hero! You've got all my respect!

January 23, 2007 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Marco Loco said...

Well, there actually were a few teams participating from the US. Some had bought their car in Europe, one team actually had a VW Camper shipped all the way to the Netherlands to take it on tour. They actually made it, including the bumpy ride through the desert!

January 23, 2007 at 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, hier ist der Herr Liebesdienste!
Eine wirklich sehr coole Tour, coole Fotos und natürlich noch coolere Typen. Bis zum nächsten Schnitt

Basti, Kevin, Adelheid

February 18, 2007 at 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc:
You kick ass. A task truly deserving of 'hero' status. It will be a story Mathias can tell his kids.

March 5, 2007 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Marco Loco said...

Mathias only comment actually was: "Did you bring me anything?" I brought him sand, real-life Sahara sand, hand picked and deliverd in an original Mauretanian Coca-Cola bottle - the old ones, made of real glass. He wasn't impressed.

March 5, 2007 at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home