Two nutty friends from Aachen, Germany, and their killer ride on a mission from God: To master the Plymouth-Banjul Challenge 2007. Read about their impossible mission here ...

 
Made in Aachen
 

Saturday, May 6, 2006

Plymouth Banjul application accepted!

I had seen a report on this crazy rallye taking beat-up old cars through the desert on television years ago. I was intrigued, and always thought that it would be a great tour for my car. For a long time I was searching the internet for the name of this tour, until one day I just typed in the right keywords in Google and ended up at the official website of the Plymouth-Banjul challenge. I talked to my best friend Fabian about the idea, and he immediately loved it.

And it were Fabian´s words that put me over the edge to finally apply for this endeavor: "You don´t know how much I would love to go on this rallye." As we spoke about the idea his words were so full of yearning for adventure, so full of desire to break out of the constraints of daily live to take back control. I could totally relate.

Since university ended life as an adult has proven to be tougher than expected: I have slowly been transformed from an individual in control of his destiny to an animal fleeing from one danger to the next, just constantly reacting to the problems life was posing. I had gone from acting to reacting. I was in need for a sign that life had more to offer.

This adventure smelled like taking back control, of choosing destiny beyond the daily obligations. We will go to Africa! The same night I applied for our team to take part in the Plymouth - Banjul challenge, and now - four weeks later - we got the official notice that we are officially approved as participants. What a great feeling to choose destiny again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home